Workgroup topics are established by the Board. In 2019-2020 we worked on the following:
- School Policy: This workgroup compiled school-level policies in order to compare what exists between the Schools and advocate for what we would like changed or added. This is an important workgroup because the University doesn’t have a central repository for school policies, and the committee’s work will be useful for the Provost’s office as well as the Deans.
- Research Faculty Policies: This workgroup worked to clarify and address policies specific to research faculty.
- Professional Development Fund: This workgroup sought to clarify with the Provost’s office what the Provost’s professional development fund can be used for and what it cannot. This workgroup also looked at how profesional development funding is distributed on the department level, outside of the Provost’s Professional Development Fund.
- Wage Compression: This workgroup considered options for addressing no or low annual raises, or promotions without corresponding raises. The workgroup benchmarked how other universities have addressed wage compression, commonly through union contracts.
- Orientation and ATRaP Events: This workgroup planned events outside of the ATRAP general body meetings.
In 2018-19, we worked on performance reviews, pay and promotions, representation and governance, and ATRaP events.