The university provides tuition benefits to faculty, their spouses/domestic partners, and their dependent children.
For faculty member:
- 100% of tuition charges for eligible undergraduate courses, and 50% of tuition charges for eligible graduate courses, for up to 7 credit hours per semester (7 credit-hour limitation does not apply to the accelerated Executive MBA program).
- Must be continuously employed by the University for one year of service prior to the first day of classes.
- Must meet the normal admissions standards of the University.
- Must submit the appropriate request for tuition form, along with all required and requested supplemental information, prior to the first day of classes.
- Please note the requirements to remain eligible for this benefit.
- 50% of part-time evening program undergraduate tuition costs for courses offered through the university, after employee has completed one year of employment prior to the beginning of the semester
- 50% of undergraduate tuition costs for courses offered through the university day and evening programs, after employee completes five current consecutive years of benefit-eligible full-time service.
- Must meet the normal admission standards of the University.
For dependent child:
- Covers up to 8 semesters toward the first bachelor’s degree for dependent children.
- Maximum benefit amounts for dependents of full-time employees:
- Attending WashU: Full tuition plus activity fee
- Attending non-WashU school: 40% of WashU’s tuition
- Payment is made directly to the school.
- For information about when and how to request the benefit, and what to expect after requesting the benefit, see Dependent Child Tuition Assistance.