Insurance benefits for faculty and their dependents
Unless noted, the enrollment period is within 31 days of date of hire, during annual open enrollment in November, and/or within 31 days (62 days for birth of baby) after a qualified family status change or life event.
- Health insurance, including WUDirect, a program that provides priority access for initial appointments with Washington University Physicians, as well as lower out-of-pocket costs.
- Vision insurance (with available buy-up plan)
- Dental insurance
- Prescription drugs
- Life insurance
- Free term life insurance of 100% of employee’s annual base salary (after six months of continuous service)
- Supplemental term life available of up to 4 times employee’s annual base salary
- Dependent term life insurance for spouse, domestic partner, and children birth to age 25
- Group VUL of one to seven times employee’s annual base salary
- Supplemental Accidental Death & Dismemberment insurance
- Assistance with preparing a will and powers of attorney, other additional services through MetLife
- Long-term care insurance (Statement of Health and insurance carrier approval required)
- Long-term disability insurance (with buy-up option available after one full year of employment)
- Tax savings accounts (must re-enroll every year)
- Flexible spending accounts, to pay health premiums and out-of-pocket health and child care expenses with pre-tax dollars.
- Health savings accounts, for employees enrolled in a qualified WashU high-deductible health plan (includes a University contribution if you contribute the required minimum annual amount).
- Retirement medical savings, to be used tax-free for health care expenses for employees and their dependents after the employee retires.